Measurement Uncertainty Analysis
We can provide professional measurement uncertainty analysis for measurement systems, ranging from very simple to very complex.
- Starting in 1995, CSE Associates has provided uncertainty analyses for numerous commercial satellite payload test systems (the N1891A and 85121A and systems of similar complexity). These analyses computed the effects of:
- PNA-X, VNA, VSA, PSA, Power Meter, and custom instrumentation used to perform non-standard tests
- Measurement of frequency translational devices with >100dB gain
- Simulation of communications payload traffic using multi-tone stimulus.
- Use of modulation techniques to reduce distortion.
- Calibration techniques for thermo-vac chamber test environments.
- Frequencies >40 GHz
- Measurements: Power, Noise Figure, amplitude and phase response, S-parameters, intermodulation, group delay, gain transfer, compression, others ...
- We use the same approach as NIST and KeysightTechnologies, and include:
- The effects of mismatch, drift, noise, and receiver uncertainties
- Definition of measurand, measurement equation, standard and expanded uncertainties
- The effects of compression.
- The effects of noise and intermodulation distortion products on all measurements.
- .These tasks require high levels of understanding of communications and measurement theory at the box and system level.